  • Subject: Display program messages bug
  • From: Carey Evans <c.evans@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 26 Oct 1999 21:36:42 +1300

I've come across a bug in 0.13.13 where the Display Program Messages
display can be shown as if expecting input, but when X SYSTEM should
be displayed.  The problem occurs when a program sends an inquiry
message, then does something else after the message has been answered
and leaves the display on the screen.

The following CL program is enough to demonstrate it - once the
message is displayed, press Enter twice and the program crashes.

     PGM

     SNDPGMMSG  MSG('This is a test...') TOPGMQ(*EXT) MSGTYPE(*INQ)
     DLYJOB     DLY(10)

     ENDPGM

A trace of this program crashing is at

     http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/c.evans/5250/5250log.gz

             "I know what to show, and what to conceal..."