On 12/13/16, 10:07 AM, David Gibbs wrote:
I just looked at the JT400 source for the AS400 object and saw that it
has checks to see if the supplied password is greater than 128
characters ... so I'm guessing that it will support long passwords fine.

That's encouraging. I have no idea how old the JT400 Jar we're currently using is, and am not in a particularly good position to determine its true age, but I've asked colleagues who work with it far more than I have to attempt to do so.

Anybody know when JT400 got long password support? I recently looked at a V5R4 Knowledge Center page with some sample code including a "SampleCBHandler" class that enforces a 10-character limit on passwords.

We apparently have a real world example in which a BIRT report going through the JT400 jar we're using is failing if the user has a long password.

--
JHHL