There are a few: .profile can have JAVA related directives. SystemDefault.properties can have them as well and the one in /home/<user> will override the one in /QIBM/ProdData/JAVA400 if present. I have neither in use right now. Setting the path to include /QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk70/32bit/bin works on my 7.1 LPAR but not on 7.2 so I have a hmmmmm... that I am working on. Has to be something simple.

ONE thought: The 7.2 LPAR DID have a SystemDefault.properties file in my home folder with entries for java.awt.headless=true os400.awt.native=true What I am trying to run down now is IF the settings will apply, even though the file has been renamed, until ALL JVM's have ended. Don't know exactly but I have a vague recollection that those properties persist until all JVM's end (but, again, not sure but it *might* explain why....)

Still clutching at straws a bit....

Pete Helgren
www.petesworkshop.com
GIAC Secure Software Programmer-Java