From: "John Allen" <jallen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: "JAVA400-L" <java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'Java Programming on and around the IBM i'"
<java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Error running Qshell jar = exec: 001-0014 Command
/QSYS.LIBL/QJVATOOLS.PGM not found
Date: Wed, Oct 19, 2016 5:03 AM

Possible solution:

I replaced the jar contents of jar file:
************Beginning of data**************
#! /usr/bin/qsh
# 5722-SS1
# (C) COPYRIGHT IBM Corporation 2003, 2004
# All Rights Reserved.
# US Government Users Restricted Rights-
# Use, duplication or dislosure restricted
# by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corp.
#
# Licensed Materials-Property of IBM
#
# Called via /usr/bin/java.
# Will use the default JDK.
exec /QSYS.LIB/QJVATOOLS.PGM jar "$@"
************End of Data********************

With:

# 5770-JV1

# (C) COPYRIGHT IBM Corporation 2005, 2013

# All Rights Reserved.

# US Government Users Restricted Rights-

# Use, duplication or disclosure restricted

# by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corp.

#

# Licensed Materials-Property of IBM

#

# The exit status of this call is 0 if PASE is not yet attached to the
process.
/usr/bin/system -pieb call QJAVA/QJVATOOLS

if [ "$?" -eq "0" ]; then # PASE not attached

exec /QSYS.LIB/QJAVA.LIB/QJVATOOLS.PGM jar "$@"

else # PASE attached

exec /QIBM/ProdData/Java400/jFromPASE jar "$@"

fi

And it seems java is back working fine.
I will keep an eye out to see if anything else crops out.

Thanks everyone for your help

John