On 10-Oct-2016 09:18 -0500, Chamara Withanachchi wrote:

I want to setup LIBL using the JT400 driver, tried using libraries
property but no luck, does anyone have experience on this, if
possible share a sample code for this.

Apparently, for Database access using the JDBC driver.?

[IBM i 7.2->Programming->Java->IBM Developer Kit for Java->Database access from Java programs->Accessing your IBM i database with the Java JDBC driver->Connections->JDBC driver connection properties]
(http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/ssw_ibm_i_72/rzaha/conprop.htm)
"…
*Property*: libraries
*Values*: A space-separated list of libraries. (A list of libraries can also be separated by colons or commas.)
*Meaning*: This property allows a list of libraries to be placed into the server job's library list or a specific default library to be set.

The naming property affects how this property works. In the default case, where naming is set to sql, JDBC works like ODBC. The library list has no effect on how the connection processes. There is a default library for all unqualified tables. By default, that library has the same name as the user profile that is connected. If the libraries property is specified, the first library in the list becomes the default library. If a default library is specified on the connection URL (as in jdbc:db2:*local/mylibrary), that overrides any value in this property.

In the case where naming is set system, each of the libraries specified for this property is added to the user portion of the library list and the library list is searched to resolve unqualified table references.

*Property*: naming
*Values*: sql, system
*Meaning*: This property allows you to use either the traditional IBM i naming syntax or the standard SQL naming syntax. System naming means that you use a /(slash) character to separate collection and table values, and SQL naming means that you use a .(period) character to separate the values.

The setting of this value has ramifications for what the default library is also. See the libraries property above for further information about this.
The default is to use SQL naming.
…"

So just what was actually specified, and where? A reader can not know that which is not shared. What happened with whatever-that-was, was specified?; i.e. what determined\revealed\exhibited the effect of "no luck"? For example, does the library name matching the user-name used for the connection, become in effect, the Current Schema? Do perhaps none or only the first of the libraries named\specified appear in the user portion of the *LIBL, or perhaps just lower in the list than expected; e.g. as seen in DSPLIBL or DSPJOB output? What was the Naming option specified?

Any help from the example [with a minor redaction to name each library distinctly] shown here? Not: I recommend against using the "translate binary=true", and instead to correct the problem for which that option might be chosen:
[RDI 9.5.1 Connection for DB2]
(http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l/201610/msg00015.html)
"Below is what I use for a connection string: (names changed to protect the innocent)

jdbc:as400:server.company.com;prompt=false;translate binary=true;naming=system;date format=iso;libraries=LibNam1, LibNam2, LibNam3, LibNam4, LibNam5, LibNam6, LibNam7;

Using 'libraries' allows me to use system naming and therefore a library list like concept in the connection. Which further allows us to not hardcode libraries in our SQLs. …"

Although not JT400, likely similar [despite the libraries property is known to be distinct in behavior betwixt JT400 and JTOPEN]:

[IT infrastructure->Power Systems->Software->IBM i->Toolbox->
Toolbox for Java and JTOpen "JDBC frequently asked questions]
(www.ibm.com/systems/power/software/i/toolbox/faq/jdbc.html#faqC10)