was able to get it to work. i created a cl program as follows:

ADDENVVAR ENVVAR(CLASSPATH) +
VALUE('+
/java/GPG:+
/java/GPG/SecureBlackbox.Base.jar:+
/java/GPG/SecureBlackbox.PGP.jar+
') +
LEVEL(*JOB) +
REPLACE(*YES)

ADDENVVAR ENVVAR(QIBM_RPG_JAVA_PROPERTIES) +
VALUE('-Djava.awt.headless=true;+
-Dos400.awt.native=true;') +
REPLACE(*YES)

ADDENVVAR ENVVAR(JAVA_HOME) +
VALUE('/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk80/64bit') +
REPLACE(*YES)

RUNJVA CLASS(Javagpg) +
PARM('/temp/NCD.CPAY')