Hi Marco

I'm not sure you need to declare something like an externally-defined DS - when you use JDBC I believe you have a result set, which has a collection (probably the wrong word) of the columns. ODBC has this kind of thing - the resutlset.Fields() collection. There are ways to get all the attributes, too.

Now you should look at jt400 - I have to think that there are constructs for handling data sets as you want.

HTH
Vern