From: JAVA400-L [mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Oberholtzer
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2015 9:00 AM
To: Java Programming on and around the IBM i
Subject: Re: 5761JV1 option 14 installation

James:

You missed the most important step in adding a licensed program product.
ALWAYS reapply the last set of groups to your system right after you install the LPP. 99% of the time you will not need to IPL later. In the case of Java and the four groups you cite, there's a very high probability you will need to at least get to a restricted state and back so you're just as well off to IPL. Note: Some groups such as HTTP contain other dependent groups (IE JAVA) so check to be sure you're not ordering groups twice.

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 5:01 AM, Martin, James <James.Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>