Was the job in a MSGW then?

You might see about issuing a
CHGJOB INQMSGRPY(*DFT)

Also, consider looking at the error handling in the CL.

Charles

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 2:48 PM, Kelly Beard <kenverybigliar@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Thanks. Yes, eventually I did a DSPMSG QSYSOPR and found that a command in
the CL program the Java program was trying to run couldn't be found. I
fully qualified the CL command name in the CL program, recompiled, and the
Java program was happy. I wish these things would just fail instead of
hanging.