Scenario:

AS/400 model 520, running v5r4m0 - current on PTF's

I am trying to connect to a Microsoft SQL server using jdbc. I am using the notes/video from Craig Pelke, entitled "How to use the Microsoft JDBC Driver on the IBMi"

It works on my PC, connecting and pulling data from a remote SQL server

Java Versions:

On my PC:
Java version "1.6.0_45"

On my iSeries:

java version "1.6.0"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.6.0_11-b03)
Classic VM (build 1.6, build JDK-1.6, native threads, jitc_de)

iSeries Environment Variables:

Name . . . . . . . . . : JAVA_HOME

Value . . . . . . . . . : '/QIBM/ProdData/Java400/jdk6'

Name . . . . . . . . . : CLASSPATH

Value . . . . . . . . . : '/java/jdbc/sqljdbc4.jar:/java/jdbc'

I am using the same jar file that was on my PC (sqljdbc4.jar)

I've tried all types of iteration of JAVA_HOME and CLASSPATH to no avail. I have put the sqljdbc4.jar file "everywhere" on the iSeries.

Has anyone made jdbc work with v5R4?

[Rodda Paint Company!] Chuck Graves
Director of Information Systems
Rodda Paint Co.<http://www.roddapaint.com>