Hi

i'm trying to install TOMCAT on iSeries but i have problems;

my scenario is :

* iSeries with V5R4 and

* 5722JV1 *BASE IBM Developer Kit per Java
5722JV1 5 Java Developer Kit 1.3
5722JV1 6 Java Developer Kit 1.4
5722JV1 7 Java Developer Kit 5.0
5722JV1 8 J2SE 5.0 32 bit

* Tomcat : apache-tomcat-6.0.37

i have installed Tomcat in a folder called TOMCAT and unzipped the file apache-tomcat-6.0.37.zip in it; then i have modified catalina.sh adding this lines:

export -s JAVA_HOME=/QIBM/ProdData/Java400/jdk14
export -s JAVA_HOME=/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/Java#VM/jdk50/32bit
export -s JAVA_OPTS="-Dos400.awt.native=true -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.version=1.6 -Xms256m -Xmx512m"

and changed the row "os400=true"

now if i run from QSH the startup.sh i receive this:

startup.sh
/tomcat/bin/catalina.sh: 001-0019 Error found searching for command tty. No such path or directory.
Using CATALINA_BASE: /tomcat
Using CATALINA_HOME: /tomcat
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /tomcat/temp
Using JRE_HOME: /QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/Java#VM/jdk50/32bit
Using CLASSPATH: /tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar

where could be the problem ? can some help me or suggest some link that could help to solve this ?

thanks in advance

p.s. if i open the catalina.out i see strange charatters like ""-@aØÖ-…•â¨¢aØÉÂÔa×™-"ā£aс¥±åÔa'"'õðaóò'‰£a'‰•a'¥@•-•@£™-¥£-K%a£-"ƒ" is normal !!

this is the content of catalinaxxx.log

29-Gen-2014 11.32.52 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol pause
INFORMAZIONI: Pausing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
29-Gen-2014 11.32.53 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService stop
INFORMAZIONI: Stopping service Catalina
29-Gen-2014 11.32.53 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol destroy
INFORMAZIONI: Stopping Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080

Thanks in advance