I have the following toy program which I would expect to transform my spool
files on our V6R1 host to PDF (just an example) and give me the bytes of the
PDF file as a PrintObjectTransformedInputStream. Unfortunately it fails
with

Exception in thread "main" com.ibm.as400.access.AS400Exception: CPF6DF4
Object QCTXPDF in library QSYS contains unrecognizable data.

at
com.ibm.as400.access.NPConversation.makeRequest(NPConversation.java:163)

at
com.ibm.as400.access.PrintObjectTransformedInputStreamImplRemote.createPrint
ObjectTransformedInputStream(PrintObjectTransformedInputStreamImplRemote.jav
a:211)

at
com.ibm.as400.access.PrintObjectTransformedInputStream.<init>(PrintObjectTra
nsformedInputStream.java:78)

at
com.ibm.as400.access.SpooledFile.getTransformedInputStream(SpooledFile.java:
772)

at
com.ibm.as400.access.SpoolFileTransformerExample.main(SpoolFileTransformerEx
ample.java:37)

To run the program as-is, create ?axs.properties? in your home directory ?
sample content:

as400.user=tra

as400.password=?

as400.hostname=hostname

I have verified the other day that the system can use the ?override
printerdefintion to capture print from job into a PDF stream file? trick, so
the mechanism is in place.

Suggestions on where to look or what I have missed? We are up to date on
PTFs etc. I am using jtopen-5.0 from Maven central (if that should matter).

package com.ibm.as400.access;

import java.io.File;

import java.io.FileInputStream;

import java.io.InputStreamReader;

import java.util.Enumeration;

import java.util.Properties;

public class SpoolFileTransformerExample {

public static void main(String[] args) throws
Exception {

Properties p = new
Properties();

FileInputStream
inStream = new FileInputStream(new File(

System.getProperty("user.home"), "axs.properties"));

p.load(inStream);

inStream.close();

AS400 as400 = new
AS400(p.getProperty("as400.hostname"),

p.getProperty("as400.user"), p.getProperty("as400.password"));

SpooledFileList
spooledFileList = new SpooledFileList(as400);

spooledFileList.setQueueFilter("/QSYS.LIB/%ALL%.LIB/%ALL%.OUTQ");

spooledFileList.setUserFilter("*CURRENT");

spooledFileList.openSynchronously();

@SuppressWarnings("unchecked")

Enumeration<SpooledFile> e = spooledFileList.getObjects();

while
(e.hasMoreElements()) {

SpooledFile spooledFile = e.nextElement();

PrintParameterList plist = new PrintParameterList();

plist.setParameter(PrintObject.ATTR_WORKSTATION_CUST_OBJECT,

"/QSYS.LIB/QCTXPDF.WSCST");

plist.setParameter(PrintObject.ATTR_MFGTYPE, "*WSCST");

PrintObjectTransformedInputStream potis = spooledFile

.getTransformedInputStream(plist);

InputStreamReader ctr = new InputStreamReader(potis);

int ch;

while ((ch = ctr.read()) != -1) {

System.out.print((char) ch);

}