Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 4:29 PM
To: 'Java Programming on and around the IBM i'
Subject: RE: How to retrieve current default Java version programatically

Thanks.
This works on V5R3 (Have not tested on V5R4)
On 6.1 JAVA *VERSION starts qshell and displays the version
on the QSHELL screen (nothing in the joblog)

Did this change in 6.1 (or V5R4) or is there something with
the RUNJVA *VERSION I can specify to make it work
like V5R3 (Use message instead of QSHELL to display the
version)

Thanks

John