Thanks Joe Sam,

As you say that does explain it. The funny thing is the more definitive of the two (the second reference) specifically mentions all of the areas where it comes into play - and then references the JDBC properties documentation which is clearly wrong!

If anyone on the JT400 project is listening maybe they could initiate some documentation changes so others don't waste time on this in the future.

Thanks again. Nice to know there is some documentation to back up my own discoveries. Makes me feel it is real and not just me!

On 2013-06-18, at 6:16 PM, "Joe Sam Shirah" <joe_sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Jon,

You've hit upon an oldie, but not so goodie where the toolbox differs from
the standard. I have a standard way of going from and to java.sql.Date
strings based on the spec, which saves a *lot* of coding that most
programmers ignore or are ignorant of, to ensure proper values. Because of
the items below, it doesn't work on the AS/400. Don't know why they think
they know better than the rest of the world, but it's been that way for a
long time.

See:

http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/software/toolbox/faqjdbc.html#faqB5

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas125a815068ae8792586256aaa0054f5fb

Joe Sam

Joe Sam Shirah - www.conceptgo.com (904) 302-6870
conceptGO - Consulting/Development/Outsourcing
Java Filter Forum: www.ibm.com/developerworks/java
Just the JDBC FAQs: www.jguru.com/faq/JDBC
Going International? www.jguru.com/faq/I18N
Que Java400? www.jguru.com/faq/Java400