Following is the info-center for IBM i, where you can find lots of
information for RPG calling java .
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/index.jsp

Best regards.

Gavin, Zhang Gan
IBM i J9 Dev, http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/ibmi/techupdates/java
Email: zhanggan@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone: +86-10-82452719
Address: 1/F, 28, ZhongGuanCun Software Park, No.8 Dong Bei Wang West
Road, Haidian District, Beijing P.R.China 100193

"Steve Fekete" <fekete1@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
09/27/2012 11:22 PM
Please respond to
Java Programming on and around the IBM i <java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

<java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
cc

Subject
Newbie to RPG calling Java....what's a good reference to start learning!

I am a newbie to the Java world from RPG. I have an issue where I need
call a java program passing in parms and then getting a return value back
from the java program.

What is a good reference to learn how to do this? Trying to prototype
in
RPG to receive the return value back but keep getting errors so I'm in
need
of more information.

Thanks ahead of time to anyone that can help!

Steve