Woohoo! That got it loaded without errors. Sounds like a bug in how java uses the classpath. I saw quite a few examples saying to put ".:" at the beginning of the classpath to include the current directory.

And I should mention that doing

qsh cmd('javap -s -public someclass')

without also having "-classpath $CLASSPATH" doesn't work either.

Now I just have to get the program to do what I want, i.e. tell me the color of the text in A2 of the first sheet of my test spreadsheet.

Thanks Gary, Dan, Federico. Lots of learning taking place on my end. I'll probably be back with more fun & games.

--*
Peter Dow*/
Dow Software Services, Inc.
909 793-9050