Couple of suggestions:

1) Try going back to the last version of JTOPEN that worked. It's easy to do. And there is a version of JTOPEN somewhere in the Client Access folders if you want a really old one. (When I upgraded to 3.2.0 I also installed the latest JTOPEN but had to go back to an earlier JTOPEN because it kept dropping the connection after 5 seconds of inactivity, so there may be something incompatible in it.)

2) There is a SQuirreL support list. They are volunteers and they don't know anything much about AS/400s, but they are helpful and may have an idea.

Sam