From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Anna Abt
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2010 4:07 PM
To: 'Java Programming on and around the IBM i'
Subject: RE: .jar files in use on a restore

There was no OS upgrade or PTF applied on our systems since the problem started, I do not know about clients. We run v5r3, v5r4, and v5r6 here and
support back to v5r2 for our customer base. RPG invokes the jvm and sets
the class path and environmental variables and begins and ends the object group. RPG calls the methods within an instantiated object. Before any upgrades locks on all rpg objects are checked and the upgrade will not continue if it cannot allocate all objects. The basic processing on the rpg side has been the same for a number of years. Some java methods were connecting to the iSeries for data retrieval.