All,
I've found some related info on google but nothing definitive.
Environment: V5R4 iSeries acting as database with Tomcat and
JDBC/connection pools hosted on a Windows server.
Problem: Occasionally the QZDASOINT job servicing the JDBC will consume
most CPU. I've lowered the QZDASOINIT priority to 30 to lessen the impact
to interactive users. However the problem and high cpu persist
occasionally. If we do a ENDJOB on these jobs they are restarted
automatically and resume using too much CPU. If we end Tomcat the jobs go
away. Restarting Tomcat restarts the QZDASOINIT jobs. We have connection
pool code but we do not have any logic to reissue JDBC queries to the
system. I suspect it to be an i5 issue. Has anyone experienced the issue
or have insight?
Thanks, Paul Holm