Schmidt, Mihael wrote:
Ok. That is one way to do it. Though that leaves you with some dummy
files. Not much of a problem. Only an organizational thing which has to
be handled.

Well, they are only dummy files in the respect that they are not actively used at run time ... but DASD is cheap.

It would be nice if I could have an RFML xml streamfile on the i which I
could use to fill a space (variable, userspace, u name it ... ). I would
fill some kind of map and pass it with an RFML file and a pointer to the
space to a procedure which fills me the space according to the RFML
file.

I guess you could do it that way ... but, at least IMO, using an external data structure is pretty easy & straight forward.

david