Honestly, I've started to use stored procedure calls less and less and
started to use PCML instead. The advantage for you was that the stored
procedure was already created and working.

I'm not sure on your programming background, but if it's procedural I
strongly suggest doing some studying on object oriented programming in
general. The hardest part I had learning Java, from an RPG background, was
understanding objects.

James R. Perkins

Thanks everyone for pointing me in the right direction and advice. The tool
I'm using (Extol Business Integrator) is written in and loves Java, so I'll
be slowly learning Java as I go!