hi,
we do have a problem with TCP connection via RMI,
some times the listening ports getting in status fin-wait, and no further
connections can be established.
the program is running in a subsystem. Trying to stop the subsystem and
restart it fails because of the subsystem is not completly shutting down.
One job in the subsystem is hanging (jobstatus END), it is the qhs job
that starts the java prgramm. the job of the java program has ended.

so here are my questions:
1) how can i prevent that the rmi listening ports are getting into
FIN-WAIT state, or how can I programatically find out that they are in
FIN-WAIT and restart the RMI listening
2) How can I completely shutdown the subsystem which hangs. At the moment
only IPL works. I tried using endsbs *IMMED as well as trying to kill the
process in qsh with the kill command.

used V5R4 with java 5.0

any help or hints for solving the problem would be great.

Andreas Fritz