From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Frank Kany
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2009 7:11 AM
To: 'Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400'
Subject: RE: tn5250j in browser - save display settings

I uploaded your jar file and having the same results. No .tn5250j folder in
my Documents and Settings. I'm going to try installing it on my local
machine.

We have an http server instance setup on the i. In that directory, I have a
tn5250j.jar archive, index.html, and style.css file. On our network, I just
go to http://172.20.1.24/ and the index.html file displays the applet.
Works great, just wish the settings would stick. We'd like to roll this out
to our users, but we know they'll complain about the settings.

I'll see if there's any difference in installing locally or on a PC running
IIS. We'd like to just email everyone and give them the web address, rather
than going to each PC and installing it, but we'll see how the above tests
go.

Thanks,

Frank