Brian Leathem skrev:
I find it amazing what annotations have done the the Java EE landscape. We are getting into EJB in a big way, something that would have been inconceivable bfore the annotations based EJB 3.
My first thought when I saw it was - "Yet another backwards incompatible thing" - but we have now switched to Java 6 for end user applications so I can see how fine it is :)

I just did some tempotests on the result. I can do a web service request over a 100 Mbit connection which does a ProgramCall in a preallocated AS400 object (*current, *current) and returns the result in approximately 10 ms (5000 requests in fiftyish seconds).
That is not too bad :)