Eric,

We have done both push and pull for a lot of different scenarios. Based on your description, you want to do a dashboard of iSeries data. It's not clear to me that a push is needed?

We handle this same requirement as follows:

1. A user brings up a browser screen, selects any runtime criteria if needed, and runs the query.
2. The results come back and are graphed in the users browser screen.
3. Optionally, we use "auto-refresh" which tells the dashboard to refresh itself from the iSeries data every x seconds which is configurable.
4. The user than has constantly updated dashboard info and then can select a different dashboard if they want which can have it's own auto refresh settings.

With push technology, it is much more complex and error prone. You can have a server send updated info over a request periodically but what if the user selects a different menu item or navigates to a different page. Those are some of the challenges we faced.

Thanks, Paul Holm