Hi Nancy

You said that the CCSID of the column is 65535, this means that the data is
stored in the column as is, more to this it also means that the Database has
no way of knowing what CCSID the data was originally in.

If the CCSID of your JDBC job and the green screen job are different then
you will not get the results you expect.

You could try defining the field in the DDS of the file as G (graphic) and
putting in the field level keyword CSSID(1200), this will make the field
Unicode and might solve your problem (although admittedly it might cause you
a few more problems).

The alternative is to set the CCSID of the JDBC job to be the same as your
green screen job.

If the above isn't the problem, it could be that you are using a varying
field type, the first 2 (or possibly 4 bytes) of the varying alpha type
contain the current length of the string, if those bytes are getting
encrypted along with the actual data, that might also be causing you a
problem.

Hope the above helps or at least makes sense.

Cheers

Neill