From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of TAllen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 1:31 PM
To: Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
Subject: Re: QSQCLIPKGx

The user CCSID is set to the system value, which is 65535 (none), as are
all users. I don't know that I can change that.

The exact error message is:

java.sql.SQLException: INTERNAL ERROR: Creation of DB2Driver object for
registering with DriverManager failed. ->
com.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2JDBCDataException: CCSID value is not valid.

This is the result of calling the following Java command, asnoted in the
IBM page.

JAVA CLASS(com.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2PackageCreator) ('system' 'user'
'password')

Thanks,
Todd

CRPence
<CRPbottle@yahoo.
com> To
Sent by: java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
java400-l-bounces cc
@midrange.com
Subject
Re: QSQCLIPKGx
2008-08-19 15:09

Please respond to
Java Programming
on and around the
iSeries / AS400
<java400-l@midran
ge.com>

A SWAG given no details of what are the "several errors that the
CCSID value is wrong", in neither message ID nor text:

For the user profile under which the SQL work is being performed,
issue the CL request on a command line for the server:
DSPUSRPRF TheUserProfile /* Review the CCSID setting */

Presumably the CCSID setting shown by the DSPUSRPRF request is *HEX
or 65535, instead of an EBCDIC CCSID which enable conversion to ASCII.
The recovery is probably achieved by issuing the CL request on a command
line for the server, then establishing a new connection with that user:
CHGUSRPRF TheUserProfile CCSID(Valid_CCSID) /* A valid CCSID for US
English EBCDIC is 37 */

Regards, Chuck

TAllen@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I have a WAS 6.1 server on a V5R4 system that is throwing the following
error when a JDBC connection is attempted.

com.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2DBException: SQL package QSQCLIPKGA in QGPL not
found at DRDA Server.

Searching around brought me to the following page.

https://www-

912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.NSF/1ac66549a21402188625680b0002037e/460d52a956268
57862569de004e16d8?OpenDocument

This looked promising but when I run the Java class I get several errors
that the CCSID value is not valid.

Has anyone seen this before or have any suggestions? By the way, this
works fine on a Tomcat server running locally on my PC.