From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joe Pluta
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 10:08 AM
To: Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
Subject: Re: WDSC changing to RDi

Kelly Cookson wrote:
I feel the same way on this point. I built the case for WDSCi in our
shop. Now I feel burned by IBM and doubt that I will push for any new
IBM technologies in the future.

Our shop doesn't do Java. We're mostly OPM COBOL and CL when it comes
the iSeries, and many of the senior developers chose to stay with the
ADTS tools. So, when it comes to deciding which set of tools we'll
license, there's a good chance we'll license ADTS OPM.

This may be one more step the death of the of the iSeries in my shop.
When we've needed to modernize applications, we've tended to do so by
moving applications off the iSeries and onto Windows platforms. Now,
if we go back to ADTS OPM, modernization on the iSeries will be
completely dead in our shop, ensuring that we will eventually be
moving away from the iSeries.

But hey, who am I to question IBM?

What are you burned by??? RDi costs the same as ADTS. You can have
some of each. I don't understand the difficult for anybody who is not
using WDSC for web development.

Joe
--
This is the Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400