My information came from a webinar just last week, sponsored by one of IBMs largest business partners. A follow up question to our rep at that business partner got this response..

"The entitlement to RDi SOA is based on what you currently have and in the case of WDSc, how you obtained the license. WDSC Advanced Edition is entitled to one license of each RDi SOA, HATS, RAD. WDSC purchased through Passport Advantage is entitled to one of license RDi SOA. If WDSC was not obtained via Passport Advantage, you don't get the entitlement. Pricing is RDi 7.1 - $795 per user , RDi SOA - $1995 per user"

-----Original Message-----
From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joe Pluta
Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2008 10:29 AM
To: Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
Subject: Re: WDSC changing to RDi

Mike Cunningham wrote:
That is what started this thread. There are NO entitlements to go from WDSC to RDi unless you purchased WDSC through Passport Advantage and most people did not do that, they got it as part of ADTS package. So if you're like my shop and started moving off SEU/SDA to WDSC your at a dead end with WDSC and have to buy new licenses to the new RDi product. You get entitlements to the SEU/SDA products when you move from V5R4 to V6R1 but not to RDi

This is untrue. Whoever told you this is working with out of date
information. IBM will provide an "upgrade" price from ADTS to RDi. I
have been told by Todd Britton, the Director of Products and Strategy,
that the upgrade price will be less than $795, but more than zero. I
fought very hard for a free upgrade, IBM continues to balk at the idea.
I don't know why; it's the one thing about the whole policy that really
doesn't make sense to me.

I suggest that you write to Sam Palmisano, and explain exactly what this
does to you. If it's, say, $300 per developer and you have eight
developers, explain specifically to Sam why you feel the one-time cost
of $2400 to move from ADTS to RDi is excessive, especially if you've
been a faithful WDSC user. Personally, I think you have a case.

Joe