Hi Ashish,

i guess the toolbox driver,

There should be no guessing here. Take a look at the driver you've
requested and compare it with the URL's below. The paragraphs are taken
from the Toolbox for Java & JTOpen JDBC FAQ :

The "Native" JDBC driver. This is shipped as part of the IBM Developer Kit
for Java (57xxJV1). It is implemented by making native method calls to the
SQL CLI (Call Level Interface). Consequently, it only runs on the i5/OS JVM.
The class name to register is com.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver . The URL
subprotocol is db2 .

The "Toolbox" JDBC driver. This is shipped as part of the IBM Toolbox for
Java (57xxJC1). It is implemented by making direct socket connections to the
database host server. This happens to be the same route that the IBM System
iT Access for Windows ODBC driver takes. However, IBM System iT Access for
Windows is NOT required. The Toolbox runs on any JVM. The class name to
register is com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver . The URL subprotocol is
as400 .

Joe Sam

Joe Sam Shirah - http://www.conceptgo.com
conceptGO - Consulting/Development/Outsourcing
Java Filter Forum: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/
Just the JDBC FAQs: http://www.jguru.com/faq/JDBC
Going International? http://www.jguru.com/faq/I18N
Que Java400? http://www.jguru.com/faq/Java400