Re: Dumb library list question?

fixed

David Gibbs wrote:
Ok, this is probably a dumb question ... but the answer is currently escaping me.

I'm trying to run a simple class on the System i to update a data area with the contents of a property file.

The path to my data area is '/QSYS.LIB/%LIBL%.LIB/DATAAREA.DTAARA' and I'm invoking the class using RUNJVA interactively (my class is running, so I know the basic environment is correct).

I create my AS400 object using a simple 'new AS400();' so it picks up my current user id & password.

Problem is, when I try to update my CharacterDataArea object, I get an ObjectNotFound exception (or something like that).

Is there something I need to do so the JVM picks up the library list of the job I'm invoking it from?

david

The first thing I'd do is dump the system value "java.library.path" to see what your library list really is, just to be sure that's really the problem.

Joe