From: Don Yantzi

Which is why I shouldn't ever write code samples :) I tested the first
half of that case: starting at 00:00 and ending at 23:59, but should have
also test the reverse :(

I *think* this solves that problem. Assuming you don't actually need to
keep track of the hour and minutes fields after the calculation:

And really, Don, I wasn't arguing the validity of your programming. It's
more that trying to get the difference in days between two dates is
sometimes more problematic than just calculating milliseconds. In a real
world business application the situation I told you could be calculated
either as one day, two days, or even 1.5 days, depending on the business
requirement.

The problem is that with Java, even when you know the business requirement,
it's still fairly difficult (as you've just demonstrated) to then translate
that to actual code. With RPG, the language supports just about every sort
of calculation I need using simple BIFs. Because I can easily extract,
compare and manipulate the various date and time components using more
human-readable terms, it's just a lot easier than trying to "do the math"
with milliseconds.

Joe