Bill- I have run ANT tasks from QSH. I downloaded the standard ANT jar file
from the http://ant.apache.org/ website, then FTPed the JAR to the IFS.
Hibernate is the same: Download the standard Hibernate JAR from the web,
then upload it to the IFS.

Then when starting the Java program, I made sure the needed jars were in the
classpath.

Its possible to create ANT tasks that lauch AS/400 commands and programs,
which uses jt400.jar. In many ways, it can replace CL programs for many
routine admin tasks.

HTH,
Sarah