From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Urbanek, Marty
Sent: September 26, 2007 08:39
To: java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Why does CRTJVAPGM take so long sometimes?

Paul,

Have you tried setting Java system property java.compiler to "jitc" to make it use the JIT compiler?

I'm not saying what the results should be, but IBM has been saying for the last couple of releases that JIT should be as fast or faster than direct executable (what comes out of CRTJVAPGM).

Here's a link:
http://tinyurl.com/2eux2h

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/topic/rzaha/selmod
.htm?resultof=%22%6a%61%76%61%2e%63%6f%6d%70%69%6c%65%72%22%20

-Marty