PHP is really not any easier than Java, it's just different, especially
once you start using OO features. Some people find PHP's OO syntax easier,
some don't, but they're of comparable difficulty BECAUSE THEY'RE OO. The
hard part for an RPG programmer to learn an OO language is the OO concepts,
not the programming syntax.

I was gonna stay out of this but ...

From MY personal experience PHP IS much easier than Java. One reason being
that you can use it without the OO piece if you want. Java really doesn't
let you ignore the OO aspects until _after_ you understand them. I found
that I did well in Java all the time I stayed in java - but when reality
dragged me back to RPG going back to Java was like starting over again.

I _like_ Java - I _use_ Java - but I still think PHP has a lot to offer an
RPG shop with a short window in which to learn a new technology.

I like your framework ideas Joe. I'm sure it makes it easier for _your_
customers to make the switch. But not everyone can/will use your stuff -
even if they should.

I suspect that one could as easily build a PHP framework that would achieve
a similar reduction in learning curve - there are after all a number of PHP
frameworks out there already.

Jon Paris
Partner400

www.Partner400.com