Hi Mike,

<snip>
Is there any other way of ensuring that the JVM is actually running with 1.4.2?

Can I start it before I run my RPG test harness?
</snip>

Yes there is - the link below contains the source for a RPG program which transforms XML documents using a XSL stylesheet. This program starts the JVM prior to any java calls.

During start-up you can specify pool size (start-up and maximum), classpath, java version, plus other options. Take a look. You can remove my xml-specific code and place your own in there. I would recommend starting the JVM prior to calling any java methods as you can't debug the first java call if you don't:

http://archive.midrange.com/rpg400-l/200507/msg00559.html

Cheers

Larry Ducie