From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of magne@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2007 1:32 PM
To: Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
Subject: Re: Printing in Java

Hi,
try Google on some of the following and I guess that you will
get a lot of hits:
DocFlavor flavor = DocFlavor.INPUT_STREAM.AUTOSENSE;
PrintRequestAttributeSet aset = new HashPrintRequestAttributeSet();
/* locate a print service that can handle it */
PrintService[] pservices =
PrintServiceLookup.lookupPrintServices(flavor, aset);
/* create a print job for the chosen service */ DocPrintJob
pj = pservices[printnbr].createPrintJob();
try {
/* * Create a Doc object to hold the print data.
* Since the data is postscript located in a disk file,
* an input stream needs to be obtained
* BasicDoc is a useful implementation that will if requested
* close the stream when printing is completed.
*/
FileInputStream fis = new FileInputStream(filename); Doc doc
= new SimpleDoc(fis, flavor, null);
/* print the doc as specified */
pj.print(doc, aset);
: