From: Michael Hawes <mihawes@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400 <java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 12:39:32 AM
Subject: Re: SQL0913 error

We have exactly the same problem. We use Hibernate to map our objects and we
occassionaly saw this error in production affecting our internet clients. We
also had a query our internal customers could run over the database and our
testing indicated the query running in a WebSphere transaction would lock rows
in the same file. We couldn't see how thae same rows would be affected but once
we removed the ability to execute the query, the problem went away. We couldn't
see any way to run the query using Hibernate either without a transaction or
with an isolation level allowing other users to update the same rows.