Yes -- I set it to *public *RWX

-----Original Message-----
From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Shane_Cessna@xxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 9:18 AM
To: Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
Subject: Re: Permissions Problems

Mike,

Does the user you're running this under have authority to the IFS folder
where your Java program is located?

Shane

"Mike Silvers" <msilvers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/25/2007 08:16 AM
Please respond to
Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
<java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400"
<java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Permissions Problems

I have been struggling with this issue for quite some time now.  I am
making a call from an RPG program to a Java program.  The RPG program
sets up the environment (classpath, etc), sets the parameters, calls the
Java program and retrieves the parameters from the Java program.  The
Java program connects to a secure server on the internet and retrieves
data from a web site.

This process was working until the target site changed their SSL
certificate.  The certificate they changed to was malformed and would
error when using the JDK 1.3.  I have since changed to 1.4.1.

When I run the RPG program using a profile with *ALLOBJ authority, the
process works well.  When I run the program with a user profile with
lesser authorities, the program errors in the execution of the Java with
"weird" errors such as:

Cause . . . . . :   RPG procedure CRD002R in program PRODPGM/CRD002R
received
  Java exception "java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: append

  (Ljava/lang/StringBuffer;)Ljava/lang/StringBuffer;" when calling
method
  "<init>" with signature "()V" in class "com.shipley.ssl.CRD001J".

I have compiled the RPG program using adopted authority with a user
profile that works.

Any suggestions?

Mike

=======================================
Mike Silvers, Chief Operating Officer
Hainey Business Systems-Division of Affinigent, Inc IT Solutions for
Business Performance

Cell: (717) 324-5508
Phone:  (717) 600-0033 ext 106
Fax: (877) 804-9589
http://www.affinigent.com <http://www.affinigent.com/>
http://www.hbs-inc.com <http://www.hbs-inc.com/>
AIM:  IBMJavaMan
Skype: hbs_mike_silvers

This is the Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400