From: Kevin Getting [mailto:kgetting@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2007 6:32 AM
To: 'Paul Holm'
Subject: Java Debug on the iSeries

I have installed the iSeries System Debugger, which is part of JT400.  I
believe I had used this tool a little bit at IBM.  Have you used it?  I have
it working fine for CL and RPG, but when I try to add my class file, the
class file is not found.  So I am trying to figure out:

1)  Where should the java be placed on the iSeries for debugging?  Should it
stay as a separate class file or as a jar.  I will need other jars in place
as well when this runs.

2)  My RPG program (which will call the Java class file) set's a classpath
environment variable for all the jar files.  Do I need to run that statement
before I try to debug/add the class file.

3)  Is the java source needed for the debugger, or does it have source it
needs from the class file?

I have tried googling for any Java example with the debugger, but have not
found anything.  The only thing I can find is how to install and start the
debugger.

Kevin Getting
Web Developer
PlanetJ Corporation