Hey, working with RPGMail in an interactive program. An email gets sent
after a task has been added to alert the next person to take action. The
problem is that the first time a person runs the program, it takes quite a
while for the JVM to start up thus makes the screen look like it freezes. To
fix the problem, I wrote a wrapper that then submitted the email portion to
batch. Now I am running into a problem where they want to send the email to
multiple people (imagine that). I have tried unsuccessfully to place all of
the addresses into a single "TO" address. I have used the semi-colon, a
comma, and a space to separate the addresses.

Short of writing a parser to break apart the addresses, is there a way to
pass multiple addresses to a "TO" field?

Here is my wrapper code:

    P*--------------------------------------------------
    P* Procedure name: SendEmail
    P* Purpose:        Send Email at Real-Time
    P* Returns:        Was the Email Successful?
    P* Parameter:      fromAddress
    P* Parameter:      toAddress
    P* Parameter:      ccAddress
    P* Parameter:      subject
    P* Parameter:      body
    P*--------------------------------------------------
    P SendEmail       B                   EXPORT
    D SendEmail       PI              N
    D  fromAddress                 100A   CONST
    D  toAddress                 32767A   CONST
    D  ccAddress                 32767A   CONST
    D  bccAddress                32767A   CONST
    D  subject                   32767A   CONST
    D  body                      32767A   CONST

     /free

        // Setup the JVM
        monitor;
          RPGMail_init();
        on-error;
          rpgMailError = Error_catch();
          return *OFF;
        endmon;

        monitor;

          // Create a new object
          rpgMailObject = RPGMail_new();

          // From Address
          RPGMail_addAddress(rpgMailObject:'FROM':
                             %trim(fromAddress):' ');
          // To address
          RPGMail_addAddress(rpgMailObject:'TO':
                             %trim(toAddress):' ');

          // Carbon Copy
          if ccAddress <> ' ';
            RPGMail_addAddress(rpgMailObject:'CC':
                               %trim(ccAddress):' ');
          endif;

          // Blind Carbon Copy
          if bccAddress <> ' ';
            RPGMail_addAddress(rpgMailObject:'BCC':
                               %trim(bccAddress):' ');
          endif;

          // Subject
          RPGMail_setSubject(rpgMailObject:%trim(subject));

          // Email Body
          RPGMail_setBodyText(rpgMailObject:%trim(body):'text/plain');

          // Set the SMTP server information
          RPGMail_setSMTPHost(rpgMailObject:'192.168.50.250');
          RPGMail_setSMTPPort(rpgMailObject:'25');

          // Send the Email
          RPGMail_send(rpgMailObject);

        on-error;

          rpgMailError = Error_catch();