Hi Paul,

Recently had this exact same problem and solved it with much googling and
frustration.  The 400 has its own *SYSTEM keystore, but that DOES NOT WORK
properly, so don't bother trying to add certificates to it.  Instead, use
a good 'ol Java keystore (i.e. create one with the keytool and import your
certificate).  You need to modify your java.security file, which is
located in /QIBM/ProdData/Java400/jdk15/lib/security.  Here is the file I
use:

Then, on your Java startup command set the following properties:
-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=<path to truststore i.e.
/QIBM/ProdData/Java400/jdk15/lib/security/cacerts, or a custom one>
-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore=<path to certificate store>
-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStoreType=<keystore type (i.e. JKS)>
-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword=<keystore password>

You may not need to set all of these parameters, but it depends on what
you are trying to do.  If you are importing a new trusted ca, you need to
set the truststore property.  Otherwise, the keystore* properties apply.
Or both ...

HTH,
Phil

"Clapham, Paul" <pclapham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
13/12/2006 12:08 PM
Please respond to
Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
<java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400"
<java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Java and HTTPS

Hello all,

We have a requirement to send a file to a business partner at a certain
web address using the HTTPS protocol. So I have been trying to configure
SSL on our iSeries (which is at V5R3). First I got the message "The
certificate container *SYSTEM could not be accessed" so I set up a
certificate authority and created a certificate. Then I got the
authorization problems so (via the archives of this list) I found out how
to allow access to the certificate.

Now the message I am getting is "Certificate is not signed by a trusted
certificate authority". And now I'm stuck. I've been going through the
"iSeries Wired Network Security" redbook and it says that the iSeries
comes with certificates from Verisign and so on. But I don't see how to
make Java use those certificates. And it's got a section on configuring
which applications will trust my certificate authority, but "Java" doesn't
seem to be one of the applications on the list.

So as I say, I'm stuck. Does anybody know what I should do next? Or am I
going down the wrong path?

Regards
Paul Clapham