From: David Gibbs <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, October 4, 2006 10:18:59 AM
Subject: Data queue performance question

*** Cross-posted to java400-l and midrange-l.

Folks:

I'm writing a application that is going to be using data queues to
communicate bulk data.

The application has two parts ... a java server and a number of host
(RPG, but it really doesn't mater) programs.

My thought is to use a single keyed data queue to transfer data back and
forth between both applications.

In some cases the host programs will write to the data queue and hand
the java server the data queue key.

In other cases, the java server will write data to the data queue and
hand the host program the data queue key.

Is there anything inherently inefficient using a data queue in this
manner?  Would it be better to use multiple data queue's (one for host
to java another for java to host)?

Thanks!

david