From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Shane_Cessna@xxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2006 8:35 AM
To: Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
Subject: Re: Running java on Iseries

Mike,

Why not just use a linked table in Access to do this via ODBC?
Shane

"Smith, Mike" <Mike_Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent by: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
09/15/2006 07:28 AM
Please respond to
Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400 <java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

<java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Running java on Iseries

Hi all. I have the task of trying to read several tables from an access database
and load the data on the ISERIES.  I asked for suggestions on another
list and after digesting them, decided that since I had taken a couple
of Java classes a few years ago(haven't touched it since)  I would give
it a go and see if I could accomplish my task.
I'm happy to say that I have been able to create a java program that
does what I need it to do.  I created this in WDSC 6.0

Now that I have it created I have a few things I need to get figured
out.
I have created this in WDSC.  How do I get the source and program to the
ISERIES. I would like to run this program via a CL Call . Can I do this? How?
I had to create a system dsn in order to make my connection to the
Access Database.   Will my program running on the ISERIES be able to
access this? If not how do I overcome this?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Michael Smith
iSeries.mySeries.