Select *
From mytbl
Where datefield >= current_date - 30 days

HTH,

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343
fax: 513-398-1121

-----Original Message-----
From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kelly Jones
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2006 2:39 PM
To: java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: SQL DateAdd help needed

Hi group,

I have been banging my head into a wall.  At some point our "date"
functions changed on the iSeries with respect to SQL queries.  So now
every time I have to deal with them, I get a headache.

I'm trying to do a simply select stuff from table where datefield >
date.

I've tried using dateadd(day, -30, current_timestamp) and
current_timestamp and many combinations thereof with no luck.  Could
somebody be kind enough and provide an actual working sql
statement that
will give me a resultset for records between 30 days ago and
now?  As an
FYI, I'm trying to run this from the Op Nav "Run A Script" interface.
The iSeries is on V5R3.

And as long as I'm asking, I will need a "datediff" statement after I
get this one figured out.  ;-)

Thanks,
Kelly

Kelly Jones
Sr. Web Developer
Chef's Catalog
ph: (719) 272-2600
fax:  (719) 272.2601
email: kjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
web: www.chefscatalog.com <http://www.chefscatalog.com/>

--
This is the Java Programming on and around the iSeries /