Here in Italy, ACG is the Erp market leader owned by IBM; a 20 year old
good RPG product.

In the last ten years ACG try new tecnologies in minority areas of the Erp
(one module is J2SE, two modules are J2EE with struts logic/layout) and
while implementing a SanFrancisco approach (for middle/long vision) launch
a JWalk project with BusinessPartner for porting the 6.000 DSPF into the
web with the "minimal" effort.... each of the project fails in 2001.

In 2002 the porting to the web was reached with WebFacing and integrated
with some base function added (a "query on the web" propietary tool).

In 2005 they choice Caravel TransTool, and the "ACG Modernization" is the
"italian retailed version" of the original products:
        http://www.transtools.com/products/en/modern_1.htm

The java produced map each RPG keywords to a "look and feel corrisponding"
java class method/property and all the OS/400 is simulated in a J2 SE or
EE runtime environment; layout and printing are mediated with an internal
/ extendable mapping tecnologies (Point Of View) and there is a default
implementation for 5250-like in  J2SE (swing) and J2EE (Velocity and
Caravel JSP-tags).

Now they, Caravel, are building a more iSeries centring version of this
tools (IBM brand request ?), using JT400 File access instead of JDBC
driver, letting on iSeries the batch programs and the spool.

And in the "positioning" of the products you can read:

ACG Modernization target iSeries ISVs, ACG business partners and customers
for converting and porting ACG customizations and vertical solutions and
also all legacy non ACG solutions

ALBERTO AMIGONI