These are small apps that use a DB and, as I said, I haven't pushed this into production. But while testing my apps I'd just change the driver and connection information and I experienced no problems switching between DB's.

I checked the Javadocs and found this:

http://db.apache.org/derby/javadoc/engine/org/apache/derby/database/Database.html#backup(java.lang.String,%20boolean)

Looks like you can call the backup method and back the whole thing up to a another directory.

So much to do and so little time. If I stumble across something while I move this to production I'll post a note to you.

Pete

albartell wrote:

I plan to run all of them from WASCE so Derby will replace the MySQL and MS
SQL databases we currently have.
The reason I have hesitated to completely replace existing databases (I use
MySQL extensively also) is because I wasn't sure if Derby was as "easy" for
the user to access with their third party applications to build reports on.
Is all that's required is a jdbc connection statement and the appropriate
jars?

How does one do back/restore of table data? Is there a dump feature?

Thanks for your comments Pete,
Aaron Bartell