From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of albartell
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2006 9:15 AM
To: 'Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400'
Subject: RE: Look Mom - No Application Servers

>As far as CM goes for PC type app development & RPG as well have you
looked
into CVS-type CM packages?

CVS makes the development of RPG quite cumbersome compared to
alternatives
like TurnOver, Aldon or MKS.  If I don't have my code in a source
physical
file then I need to put it there before I can compile it.  That is the
biggest turn off for me and CVS/SVN.  Though I did see an interesting
article with using SVN coupled with WDSC iSeries Project that I am
waiting
to try out (I think it was on the iSeries Network).

Tommy, do you currently use CVS for your RPG?

Aaron Bartell