Justin Taylor wrote:
> I am using the Java method to access a non-iSeries database.  The RPG
> program calls the Java method, passing in a SQL statement, data queue
> info and the remote database name.  The Java method executes the SQL
> statement and writes the result set into the specified data queue.

That's fine ... but it seems to me that all the communication can go
through the data queue.

> My concern with using a single server job, is that if something goes
> wrong with that one job a large number of users could be adversely
> effected.

That's easily covered by writing some kind of job monitor that will
restart the job if the java task fails.

That said, and to answer your original question, you should make sure
you are running the disconnectAllServices() method on the AS400 object
after you are done with the java method.  That should shutdown the
server job you are using.

david