http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/topic/rzaha/rzahainstallitj.htm
> (http://tinyurl.com/m8aqa) with information on how to _theoretically_
> enable the 32bit jvm ... but I can't seem to get it to work.
>
> The system I'm trying on doesn't have the latest cume package, so I'm
> not going to run crying to the list yet on it :)

Our system is supposed to be up to date on PTF's.  I get this error from
both QShell and QP2TERM if I try to run it:

java -version
libjvm.so preloadLibrary:       0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for
/QOpenS
ys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk50/32bit/jre/bin/libj9prt23.so because:
        0509-136   Symbol opendir64 (number 82) is not exported from
                   dependent module /usr/lib/libc.a(shr.o).
        0509-136   Symbol readdir64 (number 83) is not exported from
                   dependent module /usr/lib/libc.a(shr.o).
        0509-136   Symbol closedir64 (number 84) is not exported from
                   dependent module /usr/lib/libc.a(shr.o).
        0509-022 Cannot load module
/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk50/32bi
t/jre/bin/libj9vm23.so.
        0509-028 Symbol
/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk50/32bit/jre/bin/li
bj9vm23.so used in ? type does not match exported type.
        0509-192 Examine .loader section symbols with the
                 'dump -Tv' command.
libjvm.so failed to load: j9vm23

Mark

Scanned for SoftLanding Systems, Inc. and SoftLanding Europe Plc by IBM Email
Security Management Services powered by MessageLabs.